WordPress has several facilities to allow you to do just about anything on your website. If you are looking to completely redefine your blog or website, Theme My Login is a plugin to look out for. It offers you the chance to personalize and brand and your site.
The Theme My Login plugin is used to change the WordPress login pages as per your desired theme. The WordPress login, registration, password recovery as well as the ‘forgot password’ pages are themed with the help of the plugin. Some of its features are:
- Instead of tour wp-login.php page, it will create a page using a template from your theme.
- You can have a widget for sidebar login.
- You can have a customizable widget to be able to login anywhere from your blog.
- Users can be redirected upon log in and log out according to their role.
- It shows the logged in gravatars.
- Custom links can be assigned to the users based upon their role.
- You can customize user emails for the purpose of registration and/or password recovery.
- User profiles can be themed.
To install the plugin, follow these steps:
- Go to WordPress.org plugin directory.
- Download the Theme My Login zipped file.
- Go to the WordPress Admin page and go to Plugins. Click on Add New button.
- Upload the plugin zipped file into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Finally activate it.
After the installation process, you need to configure the plugin:
Go to the settings menu in your sidebar and check out the new option.
The basic sub tab is the first section. Here you can make changes to the page ID, enable “theme-my-login.css” to be auto stored in your current theme directory as well as decide whether or not you want to display the new login page in the page list.
Next the module sub tab is where you can enable several full tabs. Each of these will require configuration. The email tab appears next to the general tab when you select the email checkbox. You can compose emails which are sent to new users. You can also reset a password for user approval, user denial and user activation.
- The redirection tab can be accessed by selecting the Enable Custom Redirection .The purpose of this tab is to let you choose where login and logout actions will occur for different users.
- Enabling Custom User links helps you decide the association of a link with different user’s login pages. You can also decide the option titles.
- The security tab lets you determine the number of login attempts in a time period for users.
- The themed profile tab is to select the roles which will see the themed version of your login.
- For confirmation of new users, the moderation tab is used. You can choose email or admin approval.